Thursday, April 3, 2014

Strawberry Butter (Southern Living 1979)

Well, my contribution to breakfast for dinner at the beach was only one little thing:  Strawberry Butter.  If Audry is to be believed, though, my strawberry butter saved her 1981 Southern Living pancake attempt.  Honestly, her pancakes were okay - just, um, thick.  And so, the strawberry butter really did help.

I also got a picture of her pancake - slathered in Strawberry Butter.

When Audry picked this recipe for us to try, we knew that at least one ingredient would be eliminated without a second thought - the egg yolk.  No way was I going to serve anything with even part of a raw egg in it.  I also knew that we wouldn't want to use an entire cup of powdered sugar.  I thought I'd start with much less and add if we thought it needed to be sweeter. 


Strawberry Butter
1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sliced strawberries, pureed

In a blender, puree strawberries.  Add sugar and butter.  Blend well.
Store in a covered container in refrigerator until serving time.  Serve on 1981 Southern Living pancakes.  :-)


When we got to the beach, I noticed that I only had a blender to use - no mixer in sight. The blender worked just fine.  I did not soften the butter long enough, so just looking at the Strawberry Butter, it didn't look very pretty.  But, melted into pancakes, bagels, and toast - looks didn't matter one bit!

Lindy

No comments:

Post a Comment