Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chicken Tetrazzini (Southern Living, 1980)

This was an Audry pick.  So, I guess that I will say thanks to my little sis.  It was really good.  I mean, not earth shattering good, but definitely a winner in our household.  According to Chris, we may even make it again, even with the gluten free corn pasta noodles!


Chicken Tetrazzini
7 ozs Gluten Free corn spaghetti, cooked
2 chicken breasts,(spiced to taste) cooked and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbls margarine
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook onions in melted margarine.  Once translucent, add corn starch.  Slowly add milk, lemon juice, and remaining ingredients.  Combine cooked spaghetti and cooked chicken with sauce.  Garnish with paprika (gotta love the 80's).  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. 

I'm not going to lie, this one was tough.  I had a tough time converting the recipe from the MICROWAVE instructions (again with the microwave!!) and then I just seemed to accumulate dishes.  



I hate having so many dishes in the kitchen.  That being said, it was a good dish - there just seems to be a better way to do this one than the way I did.  Oh, well.  It was good and we both enjoyed it.



  Next time, I will attempt to streamline the dish consumption and maybe add peppers of some kind?  It kind of needed a kick.

Until next time,
Chery

No comments:

Post a Comment