Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Muffins (Southern Living, 1980)

I have had a lover affair with peanut butter since I was little.  It is one of those perfect foods to me.  I adore everything about it.  I have grown-up from the wonderful sugar filled peanut butter of my childhood and now use only natural, but I still eat it just about every day.  Yum.  So, when these muffins made an appearance in my 1980 Southern Living, I knew I was going to want to try these.



I really didn't change TOO much...

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Bread
2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
2 tbls brown sugar
1/3 cup Natural Creamy peanut butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tbls butter, melted

Just everything up in the same bowl at the same time. I did and it turned out fine.  Pour in loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

To go along with my love affair with peanut butter, I have a new love - All Natural Cafe Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix.  


I stumbled upon this while grocery shopping and since it was cheap, I thought, why not?  I'm so glad I put it in my shopping cart!  You can't tell a difference!  No kidding, it doesn't have any other flavor than flour.  Craziness!  I made this peanut butter for a weekend at the beach with friends.  Everyone thought the muffins were good - even though they were gluten free!  I think it was the baking mix.

It wasn't peanut butter-y enough for me.  Very mild peanut butter flavor, but that may be good for some people who aren't as obsessed with peanut butter as I am....  (I won't hold judgement or think you're strange, promise). Unfortunately, because I did this to take out of town, I forgot to take a picture.  Oh, well.  It was a brown-ish bread.

Until next time,
Chery

No comments:

Post a Comment