Sunday, February 9, 2014

Audry - Menu Plan 2/9/2014

Last week:
On Sunday night we had some friends over for Super Bowl fun. I fixed several dips, finger foods, and brownies and cookies for dessert. Our friends all brought things to offer as well. We had a great time, even though the game was...well..not a game.
Monday we had breakfast. I can't go a week without breakfast for dinner. Truth.
Tuesday I fixed Cheesy Bacon Burgers (Chery's pick for us from Southern Living 1981) and Shoepeg Corn Salad (Lindy's pick for us from Southern Living 1981). 
Wednesday we had leftovers.
Thursday I used the chicken casserole I made and put in the freezer from leftover chicken-in-a-pot. It was a big hit with the adults, the kids made their way through it. Begrudgingly. They have a casserole aversion. Both of their first question was, "What's in this thing?" Nice.
Friday I made regular hamburgers to use up the other 4 buns from Tuesday night.
Saturday night our folks were in town, so we all went out for dinner.


Next week's plan:
Sunday: out... we were mattress shopping! (We found one! Now we anxiously await next Monday to sleep on our new mattress!! I told the hubs I'm going to make a paper chain to countdown. I think he thought I was kidding.)
Monday: breakfast
Tuesday: Tostada Pizza, Southern Living 1981
Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Pork, Southern Living 1981
Thursday: Chicken-in-a-pot or a haddock recipe. Depends on haddock prices at the store tomorrow.
Friday: homemade pizza hearts and Easy Roll Out Shortbread (from Southern Living) for Valentine's Day


~Audry

No comments:

Post a Comment