Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Audry - menu plan 2/2/2014

Last week was snowpocalypse 2014. Yikes! The hubs was stranded at Lindy's and we made do at home. Crazy times!
Sunday went as planned at our monthly dinner. We had a great time together. The Onion-cheese bread I brought went over pretty well.
Monday night we had breakfast  because we love it and we skipped it on Sunday night. I made waffles and sausage. The hubs and I gave junior a lesson in scrambling eggs.
Tuesday I made bengalese  chicken.  My boys did not like it!  :( honestly I didn't really like it either. It seemed under seasoned. I think that was 100% my fault. I didn't have cardamom (which I realized after the snow started) but I did have garam masala which has cardamom in it. I used that and cut out the cinnamon. I think the proportions were wrong or something. I don't plan to make it again.
Wednesday we had leftovers. Snowpocalypse. Enough said.
Thursday we had what I call tamale casserole. I mixed black beans and corn with taco seasoned ground beef. I then put a cornbread crust and top with cheese. Of course my boys hated it. Anything with beans is an automatic struggle for them. I anticipated this and also made quesadillas with the taco seasoned ground beef.
Friday night we had leftovers from Thursday. I won the Super sweet mom award by only serving quesadillas to the boys and giving the casserole me and the hubs. 

This week's plan:
Sunday - Super Bowl fun with friends
Monday - breakfast
Tuesday - bacon cheese burgers (Southern Living 1981)
Wednesday - pork bbq from the freezer
Thursday - leftovers or chicken casserole from the freezer
Friday - homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment